Need help downloading books or music to your laptop, iPad, Kindle, smartphone or other device? You can schedule a free, one-on-one session for a maximum of 60 minutes. Sessions will be personalized so you can learn at your own pace or focus on a certain task.
What does this cover?
- Downloading library eBooks, audiobooks, music, and magazines to your e-reader, tablet, smartphone or laptop
- Navigating databases and other library resources such as Reference USA, Ancestry.com, LinkedIn, etc.
- Training in our Library Apps such as hoopla, Libby and Mango
- Organizing files, photos, music
- Using a USB flash drive to save personal files
Things to remember
- Appointments are available based on library staff availability; patrons may book sessions one at a time and are able to have up to one session a week.
- We make every effort to fulfill appointment requests as soon as possible, but during peak periods there can be a wait of 1-2 weeks.
- Library staff members are unable to troubleshoot hardware and/or software problems, or repair devices. The library is not liable for any damage to customer equipment that may occur during a help session.
- Library staff may not be able to provide assistance for all device types, programs and problems.
- Library staff cannot give professional tax, legal, financial or health care advice.
- Patrons can use their own equipment during a One-on-One session; however, Techs may not be able to provide assistance for non-standard software.
- Please let the instructor know in advance that you wish to use a library computer for instruction (Library computers run on the Windows 10 operating system).
Tagged as: tech, technology, help, tech help, technology help