Book Discussion Kits
Available for check out
Kits contain 10 paperback copies of the book, background information on the author, book reviews and suggested questions to enhance your group discussion.
Reserve a book club kit via Kit Keeper for your next book discussion, or plan out your book club meetings for the whole year!
Note: Currently all book groups are meeting virtually via zoom or Facebook
Meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 2 pm
- September 14 -- Beautiful Music by Michael Zadoorian
- October 5 -- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- November 2 -- American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson
- December 7 -- Caste by Isabella Wilkerson
- January 4 -- New Iberia Blues by James Lee Burke
- February 1 -- The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict
- March 1 -- Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell
- April 5 -- Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart
- May 3 -- Deacon King Kong by James McBride
- June 7 -- The Women of the Copper Country by Mary Doria Russell
Meets on the 4th Monday of the month at 1:30 pm
- September 27 -- Afterlife by Julia Alvarez
- October 25 -- Run Me to Earth by Paul Yoon
- November 22 -- The Women of the Copper Country by Mary Doria Russell
- December - No meeting
- January 24 -- Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
- February 28 - Improvement by Joan Silber
- March 28 - Monogamy by Sue Miller
- April 25 -- Memorial Drive by Natasha Trethewey
- May 23 -- The Boy in the Field by Margot Lievsey
- June 27 -- tba
Meets 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- September 14 -- Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War by Tony Horwitz
- October 12 -- Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata
- November 9 -- Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Koller
- January 11 -- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- February 8 -- Locust: the Devastating Rise and Mysterious Disappearance of the Insect that Shaped the American Frontier by Jeffrey A. Lockwood
- March 8 -- The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
- April 12 -- Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan
- May 10 -- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
Mystery Book Discussion
If you love mysteries and true crime, join us. Meets the 4th Tuesday, 7:00-8:00 p.m. Every other month.
- September 28 --The Blessing Way by Tony Hillerman
- November 23 -- Girls of Tender Age: a Memoir by Mary-Ann Tirone Smith
- January 25 -- The Deep Blue Good-By by John D. MacDonald
- March 22 -- Relative Fortunes: a Julia Kydd Novel by Marlowe Benn
- May 24 -- The Shape of Water by Andrea Camilleri
- July 26 -- Killers of the Flower Moon: the Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
Science Fiction Book Discussion Group
This bi-monthly group discusses current, contemporary and classical Science Fiction releases. Meets the second Wednesday at 7 p.m., every other month.
- October 14 -- Without Warning by John Birmingham
- December 9 -- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- February 10 -- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- Apr 14 -- Robots of Gotham by Todd McAulty
In Cold Mug: Book Club@ThePub
If you’ve never joined a book club before, or if you’ve ever simultaneously read a book while enjoying a cold one and nachos, this is the discussion group for you.
Meets 4th Tuesdays, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- July 27 -- I Have the Answer by Kelly Fordon
- August 24 -- Molokai by Alan Brennert
- September 28 -- The Sprawl: Reconsidering the Weird American Suburbs by Jason Diamond
- October 26 -- Lakewood by Megan Giddings
- November 23 -- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
- No Meeting in December
Non-Fiction Book Discussion Group
Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- July 15 -- Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- August 19 -- I'll Be Gone In the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- September 19 -- The Feather Thief by Kirk Wallace Johnson
- October 21 -- The Lost Family by Libby Copeland
- November 18 -- Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard
- December 16 -- Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker
Facebook Virtual Book Discussion
Meets once a month on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Facebook. Visit this link to join the group
- September 29 -- Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi
Thoughts to Action
Meets once a month on Wednesday evenings, 7 p.m. via Zoom. Click here for the book group page.
Thrill Chasers Horror/Thriller Book Club!
Ready for some nail-biting and hair-raising fun? Meets at 1 p.m. on Zoom.
- October 1
All book discussion events are free and open to the public, but registration is appreciated!
Tagged as: book club, book discussion, book kits,