One renewal is allowed on most items. Materials may be renewed electronically through your account if they are not overdue and your card is in good standing. Items that have a ‘hold’ placed on them cannot be renewed. You may check out a maximum of 50 items at one time and have up to 50 items on hold at one time.
Books, Audio Books, and Magazines
- Books – 28 day loan
- Audio Books on CD – 28 day loan
- Music CDs – 28 day loan
- New Books – 14 day loan
- Magazines – 14 day loan
- Feature Films – 7 days, no charge
- Informational (Documentary, Travel, Biography, Health, etc.) – 7 days, no charge
- Juvenile Films – 7 days , no charge
- Lucky Star Films – 3 days No Renewals, 1 per patron
- Book Kits – 8 week loan
- Holiday Books – 14 day loan, limit 2
- Framed Art prints – 1 – 3 month loan
- Tools – 7 day loan
- Mobile Hotspots - 14 day loan
- Portable Charging Station - 3 hours of in library use only
MeLCat Interlibrary Loans
These vary with the lending library, but typically:
- Books – 21 day loan
- Movies and CDs – 7 day loan
At GPPL most materials no longer accrue fines if they are overdue. Patrons will still be responsible for replacement charges for lost or damaged materials. However, once a lost material is returned, the entire replacement cost is dropped.
We charge overdue fines only on Lucky Star Movies, Mobile Hotspots, Tools and Portable Charging Stations.
The late period begins on the day following the due date. You must call or come to the library to have overdue materials renewed and the fine suspended.
- Lucky Star Movies – $1.00 per day
- Mobile Hotspots - $1.00 per day
- Portable Charging Station - $1.00 per hour
- Tools -- $1.00 per day
Materials may be renewed online if they are not overdue and your card is in good standing. Items that have a ‘hold’ placed on them cannot be renewed.
Laney Corrado Circulation Department Coordinator
Tagged as: checkout, fines, how long, renewal